Information is power, but gathering the data to produce the right information can be a challenge. If you use Excel, your spreadsheets might be packed with valuable data, but few people have time to dissect it and make sense of the numbers. This is why Excel Dashboards can be so valuable.
An Excel dashboard is a single page that consolidates valuable information into a summary, often using charts and other visuals to help users digest key data and make important business decisions.
Creating an Excel dashboard can be a complex process. This single page summary often pulls data from many different sources and must do so in a way that makes sense. Since there isn’t much logic in reinventing the wheel, you’ll probably want to start with an Excel dashboard template, provided there is one that closely meets your requirements.
The good news is that there are a ton of free Excel dashboard templates available for download — if you know where to look. Today, we’re going to give you a list of 22 free templates for Excel dashboards that you can download to get started.
You can use these as-is or make changes to them so that they fit your exact requirements. As always, if you need help customizing one of these tools or find that you need to troubleshoot an issue in Excel, our live chat service is always standing by to help.
Free Excel Executive Dashboards. When you own or manage a business, it often becomes useful and necessary to have access to high-level data on results. This helps gauge progress towards achieving goals and provides a starting point to make key business decisions. An executive dashboard is the answer.
1. You can get a free Corporate Summary Excel Dashboard template from Eloquens. This is a feature-rich dashboard that delivers a wide range of metrics on a single page. These include such things as revenue, expenses, and customer satisfaction.
2. Smartsheet also has a free Executive Dashboard template that is a bit more simplified. It gives monthly data in a table for revenue, revenue growth, number of customers, customer growth, average order value (AOV), and progress in AOV. There are also bar and line graphs and totals for the current period.
Free Excel KPI Dashboards. You can use an Excel dashboard to track your company’s key performance metrics. In many cases, this will show the data in both table and graph formats.
3. The first free KPI Dashboard template is from Smartsheet. This template allows you to view multiple KPIs, view targets and averages for selected KPIs, and see these in different formats.
4. Trump Excel also offers a KPI Dashboard template at no cost. You can track KPIs for various companies or departments, select one for drilling down to further data, and see the information on scatter and bar charts for further visuals.
5. Excel Dashboard School provides a variety of free Excel templates. One is a Human Resources KPI Scorecard template. This template provides an HR department with an attractive way to gauge essential performance indicators such as employee turnover, recruiting, retention, and training & development.
6. Excel Dashboard School also offers a free Healthcare KPI Dashboard. This is an infographic-style dashboard that depicts healthcare quality information separated by male and female as well as a list of body parts.
Free Excel Financial Dashboard Templates. Many executive and KPI templates report financial figures, but other reports are more targeted to financial analysis. These financial dashboard templates should help you get on the right track if this is your goal.
7. Smartsheet has a free Financial Dashboard template that includes many of the key financial metrics related to a business. These include revenue by product (estimated vs. actual) and revenue broken down by region. These figures are also depicted in graphs and pie charts.
8. Eloquens also has a Revenue and Expenses Excel Dashboard that you can download at no cost. It is a one-page summary that includes a variety of operational metrics like revenue and expenses. The data can be split by operational department, period vs. full year, and region.
Free Excel Sales and Marketing Dashboard Templates. Most businesses sell something, whether it is a product or service. Keeping track of what is selling best, who is selling the most, and what methods work can be a challenge. These free sales and marketing dashboard templates can put useful data on a single page.
9. Microsoft Office has a free Online Sales Tracker that is a dashboard template. On one page, you’ll get information such as the cost per item, percent markup, total revenue, and profit. There are also different graphs that depict the profit per item or product.
10. Smartsheet has a free Sales Management dashboard template that has a ton of features. You’ll be able to see sales results over time broken down by salesperson, region, outlet, and product mix.
11. If you’re interested in seeing how lead generation is working, there is also a free Lead Generation Dashboard template from Smartsheet. This gives you details on leads generated, leads per source, percentage of goal reached, response time, and untargeted leads.
12. Another way to track leads is with the Marketing Dashboard template from Smartsheet. This is a similar template to the one above, but with a greater emphasis on traffic. It tracks leads per day/month as well as leads per source. It also tracks and displays traffic per source/month and annual traffic/source.
13. You can track and measure the effectiveness of your various social media marketing efforts with this free Social Media Metrics Excel dashboard template from Eloquens. There is a data input tab that allows you to enter data relevant to the activity on your different social platforms. The metrics reported on the dashboard (“heartbeat”) page include Activity, Interaction, Reach, and Subscribers.
14. Smartsheet also has a free Social Media Dashboard template. This allows you to monitor performance across multiple channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Plus) so that you can track engagement and make targeting decisions. Some of the areas that the report shows include total visits per period, visits vs. goals, followers, post reach, clicks, favorites, “likes,” and subscribers.
15. Not all online marketing is done via social media. Smartsheet also has a Digital Marketing Dashboard template that allows you to track the effectiveness of your online marketing campaigns across various channels. These include social media, paid ads, email marketing, and organic vs. paid reach.
16. If your company is using email marketing to keep in touch with customers and drive sales, this Email Marketing Dashboard template can help you track these efforts. The report gives you a quick look at new subscribers, unsubscribers, growth, bounce rates, and data for various campaigns.
Free Excel Project Management Dashboard Templates. Whether you are attempting to get one project in on time and under budget or are juggling several at once, it helps to have data at your fingertips. These project management dashboard templates that are free to download can help you stay on track.
17. Smartsheet has a free Project Management Dashboard template that delivers and tracks various KPIs for managing a project. These include deadlines, financial status, and risk mitigation.
18. If your project is more technical, this free Development Operations (DevOps) Dashboard template might be a better choice. It includes areas for reporting and tracking feature vs. bug investment, resolved and unresolved issues, work in progress limits, and a release tracker.
Other Free Specialty Excel Dashboard Templates. There are several situations in which you might want to locate and use an Excel dashboard template. Here are a few more.
19. Trump Excel has a free Call Center Performance Dashboard template. This system allows you to view and track such things as total calls, average answer speed, call abandon rate, and average calls per minute.
20. If your company provides support services to clients, you can track this activity with this free Support Dashboard template. This dashboard will display ticket volume and response times, report performance for a period, and compare that to past results.
21. This free HR Dashboard template gives a broad overview of a company’s staff and salaries. It graphically displays the number of employees per department as well as a breakdown of the average salary and salary range per department.
22. You can download a free SEO Dashboard template from Smartsheet that will give you some insight into your Search Engine Optimization efforts. The dashboard will show such things as traffic sources, top ranking keywords, visits/month, backlinks, and conversions.
Some of your projects and ongoing business operations need a dashboard. These visual representations of large amounts of data can streamline your processes and make it easier to communicate results. This list of free Excel dashboard templates should be enough to get you started.
You may find that one of these templates is close to suiting your needs, but not quite perfect. Or maybe there is an issue with a formula or function that pulls data from the corresponding sheets. If you need help customizing or troubleshooting an issue with an Excel dashboard template, Excel Chat is standing by.
Your first live chat session is always free.