Excel TIME formulas is an in-built operation which allows us to generate time formats with specified components of hours, minutes, and seconds.
The TIME Excel function is utilized whenever we are required to create a proper time format by using a formula.
Figure 1. of Time in Excel
=TIME (hour, minute, second)
- Hour =. Any duration in Excel between 0 (zero) and 32767 representing hour(s). Any value above 23 is reduced by 24 with the remainder regarded as an hour value;
TIME(28,0,0) = TIME(4,0,0) = 3:00 AM
Minute =. Any duration in Excel between 0 and 32767 representing minute(s). Any value above 59 must be converted into hours and minutes;
TIME(0,720,0) = TIME(12,00,0) = .520803 or 12:00 PM
- Second =. Any duration in Excel between 0 and 32767 representing second(s). Any value above 59 must be converted into hours, minutes, as well as seconds;
TIME(0,0,2050) = TIME(0,34,02) = .023148 or 12:34:10 AM
How to Use Time Formula in Excel
We will now demonstrate how to create time with hour, minute, and second values by using the Excel formula for time.
- Enter the specified number values – representing duration in Excel – which we want to use as our time components in labelled columns of our worksheet;
Figure 2. of Durations in Excel
Be sure to provide an empty column of cells for the Excel time formulas to return our generated Excel time values (column E above).
- The Excel time formula we will enter into cell E2 of our worksheet example is as follows;
Figure 3. of Time in Excel
The formula for time in Excel we entered returned our generated time Excel time value as 6:24 AM; which is based on our specified length of time in Excel.
- Modify and copy the Excel formulas for time down into the other cells of column E to generate the other time Excel results;
Figure 4. of Time in Excel