Quickly find the Percent of Goal using simple Excel formulas. This tutorial will step you through how to calculate the percentage completion of any numeric goal..
Actual Results / Goal = Percent of Goal
Setting up Our Data
- Setup our data so that we have the Actual Data in Column B, the Goal in Column C and a blank Column D which will be where we enter the formula
Figure 1 – Setting up the Data
Calculate Percent of Goal
- In cell D3 type this formulas “
- Copy the formula in D3 down to D8
- We see in the example Excel calculates the percent goal for each office
- Excel defaults the result in decimal format, so be sure to change the cell format to percent
Figure 2 – Calculating the Percent of Goal
*This formula will not work with a negative goal. Instead, use this formula:
Instant Connection to an Expert through our Excelchat Service:
Most of the time, the problem you will need to solve will be more complex than a simple application of a formula or function. If you want to save hours of research and frustration, try our live Excelchat service! Our Excel Experts are available 24/7 to answer any Excel question you may have. We guarantee a connection within 30 seconds and a customized solution within 20 minutes.