Want to learn more about how to returns an integer representing the year of a supplied date using excel spreadsheet?? This post will give you an overview of how to returns an integer representing the year of a supplied date in excel.
- Serial_number [Required]: It is the date of the year that we want to find. By using DATE function, date enter.
How the YEAR function Works
The YEAR function in Excel is a date & time function that is used for returns the year number from a given date. The function will return a four-digit year integer that is a year corresponding to a mentioned date.
Figure 1: Example of returns the year corresponding to a date
To find the year corresponding to a date the YEAR you can use the function. In the example selected cell shown, the formula in D6 is:
The Excel YEAR function returns the year component of a date as a 4-digit number. In Excel YEAR function you can extract a year number from a date into a cell.
More about Excel YEAR Function
- Excel can store in a serial number form.
- if the reference date is valid then It will only return year number
- You can extract only year number from given date which must be after 01-01-1900.
- It will return year in four digits.